Posted to alt.home.repair
Bruce Farquhar Bruce Farquhar is offline

Default Why do people have garden gates?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:11:08 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 00:20:20 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 22:38:07 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just hop
over it or open it.

In the US jumping over a fence goes a long way towards justifying
being shot. (at least in the red states)

But just opening it to walk through, you could be just going to the front
door.

Few yanks are such desperate povs/chavs that the only place
you can get to thru the gate is the front door, even in trailer parks.

I said COULD. So someone entering through the gate shouldn't be shot, as they could be visiting you, delivering a package etc.

So the gate achieved nothing.

It clearly does if they jump over it.

You mean doesn't.