Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Can I drill into my cinderblocks exterior wall in my basement

On 11/22/2018 2:36 PM, dpb wrote:
On 11/22/2018 12:26 PM, Frank wrote:

Read all comments, and as I wrote, it has been over 40 years but no
problems.Â* Only about 1 and a half walls done and full wall is
completely above ground and other sloping.Â* Other parts of wall
unfinished, just painted, and fourth wall separates from finished
basement family room. I'm not an expert but it worked for me.

Have you had reason to look behind that finished wall?

I did the same thing about 40 yr ago and thought the same about
"success" for almost 25+ yr until had need to extend some wiring to a
new outlet location.Â* Behind the sheetrock there was nothing left altho
didn't show through the surface (yet).

--

I'll leave that to the next home owner. We also put a water repellent
coating on the exposed block exterior.

There is no plumbing or wiring where I finished the block.

I did a stint in real estate many years ago and thread reminds me of
house with paneled finished basement with a water mark all around the
walls about a foot from the floor. Basements like that should never be
finished.