Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Spontaneous shattering of double glazed panels

Even I have heard of this. They normally put it down to stresses in the
fixing or the assembly of the unit. You then only need a tiny flaw and
stress and temperature tend to make it fail.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pauline Jackson" m wrote
in message ...
replying to Dave Chapman, Pauline Jackson wrote:
Hello Dave - yes two days ago we had exactly the same thing happen to us.
The
inner panel of the roof unit exploded covering the entire conservatory
(thank
goodness it was a cold wet day so we were elsewhere decorating). Nothing
had
dropped onto it from outside, it was a mystery leaving damage to a leather
chair and hours of cleaning up. We have a ten year guarantee of which we
have
used up seven years and hopefully after reading your mishap our installer,
who
is coming later today, will have to change his tune about the fact that
ours
"is the first he has ever heard about!" As he expects us to claim on our
insurance.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ls-974349-.htm