Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Welding

On 21/11/2018 00:19, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:08:37 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I always found acetylene was..but then I was trained on that - not on
arc of any sort.

I'm surprised. I think it's universally acknowledged that oxy-acetylene
welding requires considerably more skill and practice than any other
commonly used method (doubly or triply so when working with aluminium!)

Really? It has one huge advantage., You can see the torch and the
workpiece with a mask on BEFORE you start welding.

You can do that with stick, MIG or TIG welding, with a auto-darkening
helmet.

SteveW