Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Do Any Air Compressors Have This Feature?

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 7:44:54 PM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 9:36:01 AM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I can get a blue-tooth speaker in my bathroom fan.

I can get a thermostat that I can talk to.

I can get a table saw that refuses to cut off my finger.

Can I get an air compressor that warns me before it starts up?

I'm up on the ladder, sneaking my probe into a ceiling junction box
and the damn compressor starts up. Really?

How about a little beep-beep-beep or a tone or better yet "Hi, this is your
air compressor. Is it OK if I start up?"

BOOM ... problem solved!

https://player.vimeo.com/video/296681796

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-gallon-12-hp-135-psi-ultra-quiet-oil-free-professional-air-compressor-64596.html

It's a good thing that it's quiet. At 2 gallons, isn't it going to be
running 3 times as much as a 6 gallon?

Not necessarily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_XYblK06g

Nice mod, but he made one error in his talk track.

At about 8:50, soon after he removed the tire, he said "In this case we'd
be able to rotate this tire without the compressor kicking on and by the
time it got done filling up, we'd be ready for the next tire."

You can't rotate a single tire. You'd have to wait for the tanks to fill
up so you take another tire off. Only then can you rotate that first tire.
Once the *second* tire is off, then you can be working while the tanks fill
because you'll always have an empty hub.

Otherwise, nice mod and nice job on the video.