Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do Any Air Compressors Have This Feature?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 00:44:52 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 9:36:01 AM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I can get a blue-tooth speaker in my bathroom fan.

I can get a thermostat that I can talk to.

I can get a table saw that refuses to cut off my finger.

Can I get an air compressor that warns me before it starts up?

I'm up on the ladder, sneaking my probe into a ceiling junction box
and the damn compressor starts up. Really?

How about a little beep-beep-beep or a tone or better yet "Hi, this is your
air compressor. Is it OK if I start up?"

BOOM ... problem solved!

https://player.vimeo.com/video/296681796

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-gallon-12-hp-135-psi-ultra-quiet-oil-free-professional-air-compressor-64596.html

It's a good thing that it's quiet. At 2 gallons, isn't it going to be
running 3 times as much as a 6 gallon?

Not necessarily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_XYblK06g

Did you notice his compressor was a Husky, that looks like it's
another FengBao? Looking on the Home Depot site, they in addition to
that one Husky model, seem to be selling the "Hulk Power" and "Emax"
lines--Hulk Power seems to be the Emax consumer line, the high powered
Emaxes ain't cheap but they're showing 60 or 68 db depending on model.

Looking at the Emax site, there's supposed to be a 5 hp 80 gallon
model in the Hulk line out about now.