Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Do Any Air Compressors Have This Feature?

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 11:03:51 AM UTC-8, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/19/18 9:43 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

[about an air compressor]

... it
would still be nice to have a quiet warning instead of 0 dB to 80
dB in a split second.

(I'm not seriously asking for this feature, just saying that it
would be nice.)

Reminds me of a clock radio I used to have.
I thought it would be great to wake up to the sound of nice music
instead of an air raid siren, so I got a clock radio.

The only problem is, the switch that turned the speaker on was super
loud.

Best alarm I ever had was a time-switch to a television: tube-type,
it slowly warmed up and played the musical lead-in to a
kiddie's show every morning. Marnie Nixon singing 'Boomerang'
was my morning wake-up call.

It's possible to rewire the pressure-switch into a time-delay relay,
paralleled with a doorbell. So, it'd start with Westminster
chimes, followed by a motor-and-valves normal roar. 'Twould be
a fine