Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do Any Air Compressors Have This Feature?

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 17:59:10 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 2:03:51 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/19/18 9:43 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Nope, but even if it isn't a leak, even if it starts up through
normal usage (nail guns, tire filling, blowing out a line, etc.) it
would still be nice to have a quiet warning instead of 0 dB to 80
dB in a split second.

(I'm not seriously asking for this feature, just saying that it
would be nice.)

For you, a 115dB horn will sound 3 seconds before start up. That
will give you plenty of warning!

Puckdropper

Reminds me of a clock radio I used to have.
I thought it would be great to wake up to the sound of nice music
instead of an air raid siren, so I got a clock radio.

The only problem is, the switch that turned the speaker on was super
loud. Nothing you'd really be bothered with during the day when you're
awake and aware, but in the AM, when you're sound asleep with no other
sounds going on, it was like, "CLICK!!"

So yeah, the soft music was nice after being jarred awake by the
equivalent of someone clapping their hands together as hard as they
could, a foot from your ear. :-)

I use my smart phone with a pleasing melody and ascending volume. I can set
the volume to go from 0 to 100% in as short as 5 seconds or as long as 30 minutes. Mine is set at 1 minute. When it goes off, 3/4 of the screen is a
Snooze button, less than 1/4 is the Dismiss button. I've never hit Dismiss
on accident.

+1

If I want to, I can set a puzzle e.g. math problem(s) or password entry(s)
that must be solved in order turn off the alarm. The idea is to wake the
brain up so you don't go back to sleep. I have no need for that.

I know people that put the alarm clock on the other side of the room so
they have to get up to turn it off.

When I was younger, I'd always wake up seconds before the alarm went
off so I ended up not using an alarm clock for years. I use the
smartphone app now.