Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Do Any Air Compressors Have This Feature?

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 3:11:03 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:43:58 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Nope, but even if it isn't a leak, even if it starts up through normal
usage (nail guns, tire filling, blowing out a line, etc.) it would
still be nice to have a quiet warning instead of 0 dB to 80 dB in a
split second.

(I'm not seriously asking for this feature, just saying that it would
be nice.)

For you, a 115dB horn will sound 3 seconds before start up. That will give
you plenty of warning!

In all seriousness, if you buy a compressor that uses oil it's a LOT
quieter. When it starts it's more like an furnace coming on in the same
room, noticable but not shocking.

I keep seeing references to how loud oilless compressor are. The one
I got at Sears a few years back is no noisier than the one with oil I
worked with on my then job.

It would help if you had the specs for both machines to compare. Maybe you
you had a noisy oil unit or you have a quiet oil-less one.

My 6 gallon PC portable oil-less is spec'd at 82 dB. My cell phone app
(uncalibrated) clocks it at 80 dB.

This 6.3 gallon oil-lubed unit is spec'd at 30 dB. Of course, at $3.4K it
better be quiet. It better drive itself to the job site also. ;-)

https://tinyurl.com/3K-Compressor

https://www.coleparmer.com/i/werther...k-115v/0706723