Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do Any Air Compressors Have This Feature?

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:43:58 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Nope, but even if it isn't a leak, even if it starts up through normal
usage (nail guns, tire filling, blowing out a line, etc.) it would
still be nice to have a quiet warning instead of 0 dB to 80 dB in a
split second.

(I'm not seriously asking for this feature, just saying that it would
be nice.)

For you, a 115dB horn will sound 3 seconds before start up. That will give
you plenty of warning!

In all seriousness, if you buy a compressor that uses oil it's a LOT
quieter. When it starts it's more like an furnace coming on in the same
room, noticable but not shocking.

I keep seeing references to how loud oilless compressor are. The one
I got at Sears a few years back is no noisier than the one with oil I
worked with on my then job.