Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Welding

On 19/11/2018 01:16, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 22:53:34 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

I originally did stick welding, where I would do 'spots' on thin
material. A MIG is a dream to use and haven't looked back since.

MIG is no doubt the most user-friendly welding method of the lot. Very
little skill required and most of that to do with just getting the set-up
right.

I always found acetylene was..but then I was trained on that - not on
arc of any sort.

But you can't beat stick for heavy plate IMO; assuming you have a proper
oil-cooled job like an Olympia or Oxford and not some Chinese "inverter-
turbo" ******** contraption.

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson