Jim Elbrecht

Default Looking for Ways to Reduce Electricity Usage (Possibly Solar Cells)

(Bruce) wrote:

In alt.home.repair
Klm wrote:

A home alternative energy installation is often not worth the
investment. But a possible formula may be

. A diesel fueled electrical generator to run a whole house heat pump
- cools the house in summer and helps to heat it in winter.

This is probably against the law and doubtfully cheaper than buying from
the utility.

Where might that be against the law? [It may well be, I just haven't
ever heard of a law against generators.]

In my part of the world, the northeast US, heat pumps are pretty much
useless in the winter months-- but if that guy can tell me about a
diesel generator that can produce electricity cheaper than I can buy
it from Niagara Mohawk-- I'd like to sell it to my power company.

Jim