Robert Irwin

Default Tool for digging grooves in walls

"PoP" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 21:59:52 -0000, "Robert Irwin"
catfishpcAThotmailDOTcom wrote:

Need some kit for making a better appearance to my cabling work, I'm

after
kit for digging grooves into walls so I can bury a couple of power cables
in the walls before being plastered over again. Having trawled
various DIT sites I've come across horrifically expensive 'wall chasers'.

Wall chasers appear to have come down in price in the recent past. I
was looking at them a few months back and they seemed to be priced
well over £300.

At £150 it brings it into the league of being affordable if you are
doing any serious wall chasing, but not as an everyday occurrence.
Plus it has a dust extract which could make it quite clean to use.

Alternatively you could go for the drill attachment and bit:

Under £30, but I rather expect you will get the dust to go with it.

PoP

thanks for the £150 wall chaser link - I'd somehow managed to miss that last
time I was on screwfix. I can just about justify it as the place is covered
in surface nmounted wiring and pipework - not to mention all the cat5
computer network cables I want to put in, phone lines etc etc Only downside
is that I'd kinda been considering the SDS drill with roto stop to use the
chisel on some old floor tiles. Decisions, decisions...

The drill attachment looks a bit lightweight for some of the brickwork I
need to go through - and my drill isn't that heavy duty so I reckon it would
knacker it.

Once again - thanks!

Robert