Jeff Cochran

Default Which is the advantage of low voltage lighting?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:43:04 -0600, "Faustino Dina"
wrote:

I've been seeing recently the increasing offers of low voltage (12V)
lighting. At least one disadvantage is real: I need a voltage transformer
(and run the low voltage lines all over the house) to make it work. But
which are the advantage of these over conventional 110V lighting?.

More lights on a circuit, easier wiring of lamps, can't electrocute
yourself by sticking your tongue in the lamp socket...

Biggest advantage is often size of fixtures. You can put
mood/environment lighting everywhere. Better is fiber optic for this,
but costlier and more difficult.

Jeff