Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Purpose of shower switch

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:59:49 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Steven Watkins wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Or scolded.

And being scolded prevents you just getting out does it?

Depends on who is doing the scolding.

Well if it's deliberate, nobody is going to get to the isolation switch.

There is no isolation switch with scolding. You
have to shoot, stab. stomp or strangle the scolder.

Anyway, showers are designed with overheat protection. Mine is quite
annoying and cuts the power long before it's anything like painful. Or
just because the pressure drops slightly in the mains, it panics and
cuts out.

So you bought/stole/inherited a dud, as always.

It was fitted over 18 years ago before I bought the house.

So you were stupid enough to buy that house and didn't change it.

I've got a new one when I get round to fitting it, as this one has started
dropping pressure, the valve doesn't always open properly, and I can't
obtain a replacement valve to fit it.

And doesn't modern society believe that the cold can kill you just as
easily?

Nope, cold showers cant.

Tho I spose someone might have a heart attack in the
depths of winter in that frigid island that you infest.

They do if you believe the bull**** everybody spouts.

Everyone doesn't.

I've heard of people allegedly dying because they fell asleep in a warm
bath which became room temperature.

That's because they drown, stupid.