Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Purpose of shower switch

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:43:54 -0000, DerbyBorn
wrote:

It is a sensible question, do you not know the answer?

All permanantly wired devices need a point of local isolation.

I know they're meant to, but I've still not seen a sensible reason why.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

They can be isolated in the fusebox if you need to work on them.

But if has caught fire, its not necessarily a great
idea to turn the entire ring main off in the fusebox
and with a fusebox, not that easy for the stupid to
work out what to turn off in there either.

They can be switched off in normal operation by the controls on the unit.

Not if that's what has failed.