Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Steven Watkins Steven Watkins is offline

Default Purpose of shower switch

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:59:49 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Steven Watkins wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Or scolded.

And being scolded prevents you just getting out does it?

Depends on who is doing the scolding.

Well if it's deliberate, nobody is going to get to the isolation switch.

Anyway, showers are designed with overheat protection. Mine is quite
annoying and cuts the power long before it's anything like painful. Or
just because the pressure drops slightly in the mains, it panics and cuts
out.

So you bought/stole/inherited a dud, as always.

It was fitted over 18 years ago before I bought the house. I've got a new one when I get round to fitting it, as this one has started dropping pressure, the valve doesn't always open properly, and I can't obtain a replacement valve to fit it.

And doesn't modern society believe that the cold can kill you just as
easily?

Nope, cold showers cant.

They do if you believe the bull**** everybody spouts. I've heard of people allegedly dying because they fell asleep in a warm bath which became room temperature.