Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Purpose of shower switch

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 15:59:17 -0000, trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 10:33:19 AM UTC-5, Steven Watkins
wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the
ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Why would anyone have a shower activated with a switch? I've lived in
many places, traveled to many countries. Some showers have lights that
are
on switches, but not the shower itself. The only place I saw such a
shower
was on my boat and it's a 12V pump.

Don't tell me you still use the kind you shove on the bath tap?

No bath tap in my place, no bath, stupid. Just showers.

We have electric showers in the UK now.

More fool you lot. Mine works on mains water pressure
and the hot water sits a bit stored hot water tank. No need
for any electricity in the shower.