Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default best tool for this job?

On 10/11/2018 16:22, John Rumm wrote:

It was the sandblasting that put the plaster in such a bad state last
time

Another sanding option that occurred to me, a sanding drum in an angle
drill, to create something akin to a powered abrasive roller.

yep. File sanders or finger sanders. But the cheap ones are crap.

The problem I have with those on applications like this, is that you are
sanding just with the nose of the belt, and its very difficult to keep a
level cut - you tend to get undulations in the sanded surface because
they are too narrow to index off the flat reference surface beside the
bit you are sanding...

Something like the larger drum he

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p15110

Will give you a wide reference surface contact - although you will still
have to keep the drill moving to avoid ripples in the surface.

--
Cheers,

John.