Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default best tool for this job?

On 09/11/2018 12:37, alan_m wrote:

The only other option I can think of for sanding right to an edge
that can also achieve a good finish, is a linear action sander. These
aree far less common than orbital or RoS machines. Festool do one:

https://www.festool.co.uk/products/s...q-plus-gb-240v

For hand sanding near an edge I find the wet/dry paper bonded to a
fairly firm sponge works well. Being wet/dry if it clogs with plaster
dust it can be rinsed out for reuse.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p84314

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexovit-...ack-of-6/70902

one wide side plus one narrow side is one grade of paper while the other
two side are a different grade of paper.

My old permeagrit is essentially that. I am going to use my newer one
because the old one is 'plumb wore out' - which shows how much its been
used as both wood ceramic and metal file..

I think having recieved all the good advice, that that is as good as it
will get for the 'irreducible residue' of sanding...

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.