Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default best tool for this job?

On 09/11/2018 10:52, John Rumm wrote:
Any hand sanding would need to be very quick and minimal obviously
given the scale of the job. Those proper sanding pads with handels etc
make it much easier.

I have that. Actually a permagrit block is damned good

One of the best acquisitions I ever made

https://www.permagrit.com/sanding-blocks/

Also the ones that can be mounted on a pole make it much easier - i.e.
you can stand ont he ground and use full arm moevments etc.

Just as tiring and less control judging by my pole mounted paint roller :-(

Working overhead even with a lightish tool like a multimaster will
still get tiring.

Tell me about it.

Probably why many beamed ceilings use roughcast plaster between the
beams - that way all the imperfections are just "rustic"!

The only other option I can think of for sanding right to an edge that
can also achieve a good finish, is a linear action sander. These aree
far less common than orbital or RoS machines. Festool do one:

https://www.festool.co.uk/products/s...q-plus-gb-240v

£459?

****!

Spose you could ebay it once done...