Elizabeth Jones

Default 1957 Crane Sink

In article ,
David McCulloch |@|.| wrote:
RJ,
I would love to be able to put in a regular sink, but to do that, I would
have to:

1. Replace the vanity top.
2. Fix or replace the vanity that was cut on the front to hold the extended
Crane sink.
3. Worry about the custom sized vanity (it's a relatively small space that
extends out and beyond the corner).
4. Worry about removing the vanity without breaking the tile wall.
5. Worry if the mirror will fall down (some of its weight appears to be
resting on the vanity).

That's why the plumber would want to charge $1,100 if nothing else went
wrong.

Take another look at the photo and you'll see what I mean.
http://www.execpc.com/~dbm/sink

This sink and vanity are very similar to the ones in the Johnson
County, KS museum's 1950's Electric house which was built in 1954.
I thought when I saw it that it was a pretty cool sink and was
wondering myself where I could get one. A couple of elderly women
who were touring the house at the same time commented that they
remembered having exactly the same type of sink years ago.
It has a lot of character.

--
Ebeth Jones
"We need to let the working class know that we