Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default powdered milk

"Logan MacEwens" wrote in message
news
I shop every week where I sometimes run out of cream near the end of the
week.
So I figured I'd stock evaporated and condensed milk, but they change the
taste of the coffee and, 90% of the can gets wasted because I only need
one shot or two until I go out and buy cream again (which can't be
stocked).

Then I had the bright idea of stocking powdered milk!

Sure, it sucks as a product, but for emergencies it should work, right?
Guess what?

The PRICE of powdered milk is far more than fresh milk!
Why?

Generally crap costs less than the real thing, right?
So why is powdered milk (admittedly, it's crap), more EXPENSIVE than fresh
milk?

I don't get it.
Do you?

I used to use UHF milk until I gave up on coffee entirely.

It certainly tastes different and might be a problem
if you only use it when you run out, but it stocks well.