Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing a Newteam 201 Power Shower

On Tuesday, 6 November 2018 14:30:49 UTC, Colin Waldron wrote:
I am hoping that someone is in a position to assist please.

My shower, installed 2001, has come to the end of its life, been taken out and dumped and I am trying to find a direct replacement that can be installed with the minimum of disruption.

I have two challenges:-
1) the recommended replacement shower, and Aquilisa Aquastream Thermo which I have purchased is not 240v and is Low voltage. To install this would mean destroying bathroom tiling and finding a suitable fixing point for the transformer in the wall void then redecorating.
2) the Hot and cold feed are transversed in the old installation compared to the replacement which again necessitated stripping plumbing back and rebuilding with major decorative consequences.

Has anyone come across this problem before and found a like for like replacement without major works?

Colin

why did you buy it then?