Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing fire surround

On 04/11/2018 15:27, Tricky Dicky wrote:

if you're unlucky it's been gripfilled ...

Andy I think you may be right, I have managed to run a blade the full length of one side through what appears some caulking and I have not hit anything metallic. At the bottom there is a few mm of movement but at the top it is fixed solid, the two uprights feel hollow in the main but some areas feel solid so I am coming to the conclusion it's been stuck on.

Oh well! Looks like I will need to dust off the pry bar, SWAMBO does not like it anyway I just wanted to avoid the making good for a while

Richard

"How to remove?"

2 answers suggest themselves

1/. Carefully

2/. By destroying what it is attached to.

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell