Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default Making and Lining a 6 foot deep manhole pit

But the new access point is to go near the wall, beyond this is a field and a ditch which used to be a HaHa before a hundred years of leaves filled it, but the pipe to the septic tanks must be lower than this hence 6 feet deep ish.
Maybe 8.

Wont know until the digger smashes the semi blocked sewage pipe.

Will try to film it for the education and amusement of others!

George

On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 3:35:00 PM UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
How deep is your existing access point as I should imagine the new one will not be much deeper. I have two in my garden one near the soil stack and a second a few metres away where the underground pipe takes a 90deg bend before going off to join my neighbours underground pipe. Neither of the two man holes are more than 3' deep.

Richard