half_pint

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 01:29:24 -0000, "half_pint"
wrote:

I dont watch DVD period.
Why should I suffer for you to indulge your fetish?

****tard, i hardly think watching a film in the current best sound and
audio format a fetish. A 22:9 crt is definitely out of the question,
the 16:9 is the best compromise between those wanting to watch films
as they were intended

They were *intended* to be watched in a high capacity *cinema*,
hence the wide format, so everyone could sit near the screen.

Rubbish - the shape of the cinema screen has nothing to do with the
seating.

Of course you are wrong, you can build two widescreen cinemas in the
space used by one equivilant 4:3 picture. Thats the *only* resason
we ended up with this WS garbage. Nothing to do with that oh so
pretensious phrase "as the director intended" so go stick you fingers
in your ears and chant "I love my widescreen".
You have been brainwashed into buying widescreen, although how this
was achieved is perplexing since it implies you had a brain to wash.

In addition, as most films now make far more from the video/DVD
release then from the box office, and given the extra content the film
makers have to plan for the DVD, their thoughts are always with the
home viewer.

(seeing as there is scare little tv programmes
of any merit anymore)

There is plenty of merit, if you find no merit in real life, ie news
sport, music, politics and comedy then maybe not.

and those desparately clinging to to past, i'm
surprised you don't argue that the colour guns make tvs less reliable.

Thalidomide was a new drug for pregnant women once.

And is now a highly successful drug in combatting a number of medical
problems.

What do you use you tv for, putting plants on ?

You can get more plants on a widescreen so no.

Niche - 4:3 tvs, VCR, good tv.......

Widescreen TV - giving you a more natural view on the world.

--
Bob.

If brains were taxed, you would get a rebate.