Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Li-Ion batteries

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 23:31:15 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 22:18:22 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 21:02:36 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message
news On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 17:14:06 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message
news On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:58:41 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message
news On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 23:56:12 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

where the stupid fad is very thin phones.

As an Iphone user I thought you liked thin?

Nope, I like other stuff and would prefer
they were still as thick as say the 4S with
a much longer time between charges.

Its one thing I have always thought was stupid,
the obsession with as thin as possible.

Agreed - I know quite a few folk who moan about their Iphones not
lasting
as long as Samsungs.

Its actually the reverse, iphones go longer between charges.

Then why do you prefer "a much longer time between charges"?

Because it would be even better if you could charge
it every few weeks like I do with the tablet and some
are actually stupid enough to be yacking on the
phone all day every day or watching videos etc.

Show me a tablet with that life.

My 6S which is on all the time and is used for all
phone calls now only needs two charges a week.

Then they must have improved them since I heard complaints.

You just got the story wrong, as always.

No, I saw them having to charge them while at work.

Either that or the Samsung owners laugh at them constantly
charging
them
up.

It's the samsung owners that have to do that.

Not noticed that with mine. I think it lasts 1 week,

But its only a stupidphone, stupid.

It's an early smartphone with colour touchscreen.

but of course it depends how much it's used.

You see it with laptops and keyboards too.

Small thin lightweight stuff is for camping, not everyday use :-)

Its also for mobile phones.

Not in your opinion, as above.

That's just the thin, not the other two, stupid.

Thick means less small.

Nope, it's the other dimensions that make it small.

Argh! You're as stupid as my primary school teacher.

We'll see...

She once told me folding clothes makes them smaller.

Irrelevant to smaller thicker phones.

It's very relevant. Smaller refers to volume, not area.

Wrong with phones.

For example, a double decker bus is larger than a single decker, even
though when viewed from above we can see it takes up precisely the same
road space.

Even you should have noticed that a phone isnt a bus.

I pointed out the volume remained the same and she said "don't be
smart".
When I pointed out school was supposed to make us smart, I got
detention.

If it had been me, you would have got a boot in the arse.

I frequently got my hand struck with a ruler.

You should have got a boot in the arse.

Quite why she thought that was painful I don't know. It hurt less than a
nettle sting.

Flip phones are thicker and generally smaller.
So was the Nokia N95

I hated flip phones,

Irrelevant to what is being discussed.

You sound like a robot.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

they don't still make those do they?

Corse they do.

Why?

Because some prefer them, stupid.

They're rubbish.

Wrong, as always.

Anyway I've not seen one for years.

Yes, they arent as popular as decent touch screen smartphones.

They're all the same as Iphones. A single block with a touch screen and
little or no buttons.

Because that allows you to do a lot more.

I had a habit of snapping the hinge.

Yes, you are that stupid.

Just clumsy, as are a lot of people.

Perfectly possible to design one that even clumsy
people don't break.

Harder to get into your pocket/wallet/whatever.

That mangles the real story too. The thicker and
smaller N95 is in fact easier to put in your pocket
than the bigger and thinner iphone 5.

But larger area means a bigger screen

Irrelevant to your silly claim about putting it in your pocket.

Depends on the design of your pocket it if limits by thickness or area.

No pocket in normal jeans or trousers or shorts limit by thickness.
They all limit by area.

- the thing that annoys me most about phones is how small the screen is.

I thought that too when considering whether it would
be viable to use as a kindle, I assumed that the iphone 5
screen would be too small to be useful for reading books
but in fact it works very well indeed when you need the
portability and I do read them on it in the GP surgery
waiting room etc.

If you're just reading text perhaps it's ok,

No perhaps about it.

but using a webpage really needs a lot of area.

BULL****.

Just try filling in a booking form for a flight etc.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.
Any decent booking app on a smartphone works fine.

Which is why I hate using them to access the internet.

More fool you with the stuff that's optimised for the phone.

It's not optimised, it's compromised.

Wrong, as always. Its optimised to have one field per screen so even
a terminal ****wit such as yourself can use it if someone is actually
stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

A web page is so much more comfortable on a 19" monitor.

Depends on the web page. Works fine for net banking and
aliexpress etc and the classified ads in my local newspaper.

How can you use the internet comfortably with so little displayed at once?

You spin thru the items on offer in stuff like aliexpress,
the facebook buy swap sell groups and ebay and amazon.

I even find a 14" monitor cramped.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

And my camping gas stove isnt thin, just small and lightweight. Same
with the airbed and the tent, let alone the jerry cans.

An airbed?! If you're carrying it in a rucksack,

There is more than just rucksack camping, stupid.

I said IF.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Do you not understand "if"?

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

I didn't know if you camp with a car or not,

So you stupidly started rabbiting on about backpacks.

so I gave two alternatives,

Like hell you did initially.

neither of which need a lightweight airbed.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

at's an absurd luxury to have to lug about, most people use a mat.

And plenty have enough of a clue to do camping in a car.

Not if you want to camp a long way from the road, for more solitude,

No problem with using the car for infinite solitude here. Never
ever had anyone show up where I was camping in the car.

Australia is different.

Plenty do car camping in that soggy little frigid island.

You have a more sensible population density.

or to go somewhere nice which doesn't happen to have roads nearby.

Some of us do plenty of off road driving even
if you lot need a proper sealed road to drive on.

If you go offroad in Scotland you end up needing something that will climb
at a 45 degree angle through deep mud and over huge boulders.

BULL****.

If you're carrying it in the car, it doesn't have to be lightweight.

But small when not inflated is handy stupid.

Not in a car.

Yes, in a car. There was **** all room left in the Beetle
when loaded up with camping gear.

Just yourself or several friends?

You cant do several friends and the
camping gear in a Beetle, stupid.

One person cannot need more than a carfull.

Never said they did, but it works a hell of a lot better with
an airbed than any other sort of bed with a beetle, stupid.

Same with the Golf with a couple of big metal ammunition cases with most
of the stuff in it. Big mortar shell cases.

Why did you need all that?

Gotta have somewhere to put the stuff you cook
with, the ingredients, the plates and glasses etc
etc etc. And it works a lot better to put the
camping gas stove on one and sit on the
other instead of having a folding table etc.

Add the stove, tent, sleeping bag, esky etc and
there is **** all room left.

Yet people somehow manage to go camping with what they can carry on their
backs.

Much more primitively. **** that. When
I do it, its for weeks, not just overnight.

I think you need a ****ing caravan you lazy snob.

That's not camping, ****wit. And me and mate
lived in one of those for months when working
in the Snowy many miles from anywhere.
https://goo.gl/maps/Bvd9RTGXKvQ2