Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default drills, was: Li-Ion batteries

In The Natural Philosopher writes:

Depends on cell and charger design, and how matched they
are to each other. Lead acid ain'tthe same as NiCad or
NiMh, but they cheaply used the same very dumb
charger, which was then used by a very dumb user...

No. NiCd and NiMh use totally different charging to lead acid.

sorry I wasn't clear. In the progressive _identically labeled
and configured_ units, they had transitioned from lead acid
to NiMh sub-c cells.

(I had picked up about a half dozen over the years. Kept a few
for myself and gave away others as gifts.)

Same dumb charging cord and circuitry.