Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Li-Ion batteries

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 22:30:23 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 20:46:17 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 16:00:46 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message
news On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:33:37 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message
news On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 23:22:18 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Steven Watkins wrote

Why was the AA LiIon size ever invented if it's no good?

Because its one of the most common battery sizes.

But due to it's differing voltage, it was never intended as a
direct
replacement, but to power new devices that wanted more voltage,
such
as
LED torches.

But some arent ideal with 18650. There are in fact one
hell of a range of LiIon cells of various sizes and if it
wasn't for the problem that LiIon doesn't work well
in the smaller diameter cells, it does make sense to
use an existing very common cell size.

But that problem is significant. And a single 18650 fits very well
into
pocket torch or anything else I can think of except a mobile phone.

Not just mobile phones, tablets are too thick with those.

I'd forgotten about tablets, as I think they're a pointless invention.

More fool you.

Who wants to scrape their finger around on a piece of plastic all day?

Those who use them don't.

Teenagers and odd folk like you.

Wrong, as always.

I hardly see anyone with tablets.

That's because the slum dwellers in
that slum you infest can't afford them.

In fact I only know of two people with them.

I don't know anyone who hasn't got
one but then I don't infest a slum.

And the screen is glass, not plastic, stupid.

That explains why my neighbour keeps breaking hers. They should be
plastic.

Not possible to do touch screens with that capability that way.

Er.... my phone is plastic.

And isnt a smartphone, stupid.

Same with wireless mice and keyboards.

Those use so little power I just stick alkaline in them.

I do recharge mine. The keyboard has a fixed liIon inside, like a
tablet.
The mouse has an AA that I recharge in a charger, with an alternate.

I did that at first then realised they last so long I might aswell use
an
alkaline.

That's stupid. Its easier to recharge than ensure you have more
alkalines.

Alkalines come in packs of 10 usually. I just buy another pack when I
only have a few left.

Makes a lot more sense to charge the spare
when you need to change the battery.

Same goes for wall clocks.

Nothing like it time wise.

ROFL! You made a pun.

Nope.

And actually my clocks use an AA Duracell about twice a year each,

Then they are ****ed.

my mouse is the same.

And I'm not stupid enough to have wall clocks anyway.

Handy to be able to see the time just by glancing at one.

My desktop screen has one, so to the microwaves and the phone.

In fact there's a huge one (3 feet across) to my right, very quick to see
on an analogue clock the rough time by the angle of the hour hand.

Makes much more sense to look at the screen you are typing
on, stupid. And I have alarms that go off at times that matter,
don't need to stare are some stupid clock all the time. And no
need to keep changing the battery either. And it changes auto
on daylight saving too.