Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Li-Ion batteries

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 21:02:36 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 17:14:06 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:58:41 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Steven Watkins" wrote in
message
news On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 23:56:12 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

where the stupid fad is very thin phones.

As an Iphone user I thought you liked thin?

Nope, I like other stuff and would prefer
they were still as thick as say the 4S with
a much longer time between charges.

Its one thing I have always thought was stupid,
the obsession with as thin as possible.

Agreed - I know quite a few folk who moan about their Iphones not
lasting
as long as Samsungs.

Its actually the reverse, iphones go longer between charges.

Then why do you prefer "a much longer time between charges"?

Because it would be even better if you could charge
it every few weeks like I do with the tablet and some
are actually stupid enough to be yacking on the
phone all day every day or watching videos etc.

Show me a tablet with that life.

My 6S which is on all the time and is used for all
phone calls now only needs two charges a week.

Then they must have improved them since I heard complaints.

You just got the story wrong, as always.

No, I saw them having to charge them while at work.

Either that or the Samsung owners laugh at them constantly charging
them
up.

It's the samsung owners that have to do that.

Not noticed that with mine. I think it lasts 1 week,

But its only a stupidphone, stupid.

It's an early smartphone with colour touchscreen.

but of course it depends how much it's used.

You see it with laptops and keyboards too.

Small thin lightweight stuff is for camping, not everyday use :-)

Its also for mobile phones.

Not in your opinion, as above.

That's just the thin, not the other two, stupid.

Thick means less small.

Nope, it's the other dimensions that make it small.
Flip phones are thicker and generally smaller.
So was the Nokia N95

Harder to get into your pocket/wallet/whatever.

That mangles the real story too. The thicker and
smaller N95 is in fact easier to put in your pocket
than the bigger and thinner iphone 5.

And my camping gas stove isnt thin, just small and lightweight.
Same with the airbed and the tent, let alone the jerry cans.

An airbed?! If you're carrying it in a rucksack,

There is more than just rucksack camping, stupid.

at's an absurd luxury to have to lug about, most people use a mat.

And plenty have enough of a clue to do camping in a car.

If you're carrying it in the car, it doesn't have to be lightweight.

But small when not inflated is handy stupid.