Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Steven Watkins Steven Watkins is offline

Default Li-Ion batteries

On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 20:51:55 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 02/11/2018 20:39, Steven Watkins wrote:
As far as I know, the only advantage to LiIon over NiMH is the increased
capacity,

They are far better at not self discharging

NiMh if left a few months flatten and destroy themselves

Li-Ion is good for a year or more

That's no longer true, since about 10 years ago when Uniross came out with Hybrio, and other manufacturers with similar products. Basically they're just better made NiMH. They don't significantly self discharge, in fact when you buy them they come already charged. Myself I have AA NiMH which I've left on a shelf for 2 years and they still measure as pretty much full.