Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Steven Watkins Steven Watkins is offline

Default Li-Ion batteries

Why was the AA LiIon size ever invented if it's no good? I've only ever come across LiIon intended products (like torches) that take the larger 18650 size. I only tried the little ones as NiMH replacements. As far as I know, the only advantage to LiIon over NiMH is the increased capacity, and you don't get that with the smaller size.

On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 19:40:41 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

I guess not, since they tend not to. I'd imagine it has to do with space for
the electrolyte and a thick enough conductor not to get too hot and get
damaged. I'm sure somebody will find a way though as its a popular size. Is
there any better life span or abuse olerance in one over the other?
Brian