Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Last meal on Death Row

In article , says...

The only reason I oppose the death penalty is the cost to the taxpayer.
Many deserve it, but we spend a lot of money to prolong it. Cheaper to
just keep them in a cell and feed them.

That makes no sense to me at all. Could you explain it better ?

If one is given the death penalty and he is just put in the cell for 30
years before finally exicuted, how is that costing more than just
putting them in a cell and feeding them ? Seems to me you are saying
the same thing.

It is costing around $ 20,000 or more per year just to keep them in
prison. Death penalty or not.

That is why I would like to see a short (say one to three) jail time for
minor crimes and a quick death to major crimes. Do not let them hang
around for 30 years in jail.