Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Steven Watkins Steven Watkins is offline

Default Li-Ion batteries

On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 16:53:15 -0000, Clive Arthur wrote:

On 02/11/2018 14:58, Steven Watkins wrote:

snipped

I purchased some torches with 14500s claimed to be 2400mAh which I
didn't believe. I doubt that they were even close to 850/900mAh as fully
charged they didn't last long in the torch. Replacement 900mAh batteries
lasted much longer.

I have some GTL batteries (also called GIF) (Chinese ****) that say
2500. I tested them (bulb, ammeter) and got 500. Official tests I've
found on websites agree. Got them free, I moaned at the seller and got
all the money back.

Decent makes like Efest, Sony, Sanyo are all quoted as 850 and reviews
say you really get that. But 850 is pitiful, as NiMH gives 2700.

About the same energy, given that the lithium cells are about three
times the voltage of the NiMH.

Which makes the AA LiIons pointless, unless you need the extra voltage for some reason.