Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Li-Ion batteries

"Steven Watkins" wrote in message
news
I've got some very good 18650 Panasonics - 3Ah, but there seems to be
nothing worth getting at the 14500 (AA) size. I thought LiIon was meant
to hold more power per volume, which is certainly true of the 18650s,
about double an NiMH. But 14500s are all 850mAh (the ones claiming higher
are Chinese fakes and aren't higher). So you don't actually get more
power out of an AA sized LiIon than NiMH. Can they not make LiIon cells
that small very well?

Presumably not. If you look up big clives teardowns, they are basically
rolled up
and stuffed into a round cylinder and that gets harder with the smaller
ones.