Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Kellerman[_3_] Kellerman[_3_] is offline

Default World's Worst Soldering!

On 27/10/2018 17:36, Phil Hobbs wrote:
Kester 44 solder and MG Chemicals 835 RA flux.

Yep - that looks like it would do the job.

Despite modern regulations only Lead solder and activated flux works
properly on that sort of re-work/repair job.

About 15 years ago I had to source a fancy VOC free flux for a rework
job. The particular stuff I used is no longer available but it was very
good. Some variety of Multicore glop.

I notice that the new replacements only have a 6 or 12 month shelf life
and are quite costly in small (syringe) quantities.

All my stock of solder is now old (15 years +) and the flux is
ineffective. Looks like I'll have to find a syringe of some goo for my
next job.

--
Blow my nose to email me