Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Ideas for leveling this floor.

On 10/28/18 10:27 PM, Colin Campbell wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 13:09:50 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

snippage
2- Pour a self-leveling mortar bed. This seems to make the most
sense to me, however, I've never worked with it before. Also, on
the left side, it's going to be paper thin where it meets the
existing pad which is already even with the old sub-floor. Won't
that area be prone to cracking and breaking up? Would I need some
sort of mesh fabric to reinforce it?

Let me know what you think.

There's a product called LevelQuik, a self-levelling underlayment,
which should do just what you want. Also, the bit on the left side
will be sandwiched between your finished floor and the old subfloor,
so I wouldn't worry too much about any cracks being noticed on the
final floor.

Cheers, Colin

Thanks.
That is one of the products I've been seeing in my research.
As for that bit on the left side... there will be a cabinet over that
section, anyway, so I may not even bother with that part. I'll probably
just start at the right edge of the cabinet and go from there. Cabinets
are easy to shim.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)