Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Ideas for leveling this floor.

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 9:32:37 PM UTC-4, John Grossbohlin wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message news
I'm waiting on the window system to get here for my 3-season Patio.
In the mean time, I'm finishing up a lot of details and trim work,
including putting down a section of the kitchen flooring that had to be
taken up, temporarily.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bi8qjLdnUQTjYwj69

The joists underneath this section of floor were very rotted which helped
cause a pretty good dip in the floor. Because we were pouring a new
concrete pad for the patio, I was able to cut out most of the rotted
joists, shore everything up, and replace that section with the concrete
pad.

For many reasons, it was not feasible or even a good idea lift the joists
up to take the dip out of the floor. But I didn't want the new pad to dip
with the old floor, so I had the pad poured level and figured I'd shim the
sub-floor to meet the pad.

That's where I'm at. There's a 3/4" difference in height from the left
side, 12ft. over to the right side and it's only about 16" wide. In my
mind I have 2 options...

I see this scenario as a trip hazard if you try to fix it in 16 inches... As
such, I'd be inclined to remove the flooring and sub-floor for about 4 feet
and then place solid wood tapped shims on top of the existing joists to
blend the two levels. Then reinstall the sub-floor and finish flooring.
Spread over 4 feet the trip hazard would be pretty well eliminated.

....snip...

You must be imagining a different problem than I am.