Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Ideas for leveling this floor.

On 10/28/18 1:09 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bi8qjLdnUQTjYwj69

2- Pour a self-leveling mortar bed.Â* This seems to make the most sense
to me, however, I've never worked with it before.Â* Also, on the left
side, it's going to be paper thin where it meets the existing pad which
is already even with the old sub-floor.Â* Won't that area be prone to
cracking and breaking up?Â* Would I need some sort of mesh fabric to
reinforce it?

Actually, I forgot that I'm putting in a cabinet on the left side of the
doors, here.
The difference in height is 3/8, where the cabinet would end, so I could
pour the mortar to that point, 3/8" deep, using a curb of some sort. So
it wouldn't have to taper all the way down to paper thin.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--