Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default "Open rollout switch circuit" error message in furnace.

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 08:03:39 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 10:23:25 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I had the same error and you wouldn't believe what it was. The people that installed my lenox there were 2 wires that were connected opposite where they should have been. It was another furnace guy that fixed it not the people who installed it

That seems a bit weird. You had a furnace installed where you got a flame
rollout error and someone other than the installer fixed it? How does
that happen? Presumably with that error, the furnace won't fire, so what
did the installers do, just run away? Also installers shouldn't have to
fiddle with any wires like that, those sensors are already wired, so if
they were wired wrong, it would have had to have left the factory like
that or the installers would have had to screw with them.

I wonder if the guy who "fixed it" really did fix it .. ?
or did he actually disable it ?
.. thereby creating a dangerous condition.
John T.