Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default UV and LEDs, was: Flourescent lights

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:35:03 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Mine has run fine for a couple of years. It starts slower than the regular fluorescent did,

Is that a typical characteristic of these? That's surprising, because
the typical LED bulbs you buy for other applications today are instant on.

Several years ago I bought some led fixtuers from Home Depot. They come
on as soon as I turn the switch on. I am not sure what kind of tubes or
if they have any kind of external ballast type circuit in the actual
fixture.

A few months ago I bought some LED tubes from Lowes. They are the ones
that you remove the ballast and wire directly. They take about one or
two seconds to come on. All are in the basement where the temperature
is the same. Others have reported on their LEDs comming on slow,so I do
not worry aboutthat.

Both my direct fit (uses ballast) conversions in the basement and my
dedicated LED fixture in the garage light immediately at full bright.