Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Average life of bladder tank for well

I appreciate your opinion and advise but I just want to let you know I spend
between three and $500 on a pressure tank roughly every 7 years . I check the
pressure in the tank every 3 months to ensure it reads 28 pounds . My issue
is that it doesn’t seem to matter which brand of tank I buy I am constantly
plagued with leaking bladders . I guess just bad luck

Many of those tank, maybe all of them, you can just replace the bladder.
If you DIY, it should be an order of magnitude less expensive.

Show me ..
I thought they were all welded tanks with just inlet/outlet
fittings .. ?

http://www.flotecpump.com/residentia...faq_tanks.aspx

This website says the bladder is replacable but doesn't give details.

I'm confused as usual.

John T.