Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default Average life of bladder tank for well

On 10/26/2018 3:14 PM, Karna wrote:
replying to Pierce Kiltoff, Karna wrote:
I appreciate your opinionÂ* and advise but I just want to let you know I
spend
between three and $500 on a pressure tank roughly everyÂ* 7 years . I
check the
pressure in the tank every 3 monthsÂ* to ensure it reads 28 pounds .Â* My
issue
is that it doesnt seem to matter which brand of tank I buy I am
constantly plagued with leaking bladders . I guess just bad luck

My house is over 40 years old and I am on my 3rd pressure tank. I don't
check the pressure but had the plumber do it last visit and it was fine.

Electric water heaters on well water only average 7 years for me.