CBhvac

Default Furnace runs but have to manually restart

"Nate B" wrote in message

"CBhvac"

Ya know...for some odd reason, I keep

thinking...4074FAB...4074FAB...maybe
am wrong...but its sure a possible thing...

So - you think it's a thermostat control problem? Why don't you just say
that and back it up in PLAIN ENGLISH as to why? Otherwise, you're just as
useless to this thread as the freakshow with the Camaro

OK...well..whatever..if you know what a 4074FAB is, then you understand that
its not really a thermostat problem, but a problem in the wiring of the
thermostat, and since someone didnt give near enough damn information to
have a clue sitting here on my ass in front of the computer after going out
and playing in the damn snow and ice all day actually making things work
right again....well...beats the hell out of me.

I thought you were just over in another thread claiming to be someone
helpful - but I see here you're just all about protecting your e-hero ego
and having him call one of your cohorts - perhaps one possibly dumber than
Camaro Man!

LOL..ok...see....here is the diference..Paul knows what he is doing, and so
do I, and I would and have offered to back that up many times, even to the
point of offering a free check to those local to me.....but since no ones
got enough information...(are ya starting to see a pattern there???)

His question, in case you guys missed it, is to get a rough idea as to

what
might be causing the problem. Real techs love tossing out possible
solutions, even if they might be wrong. I deal with this all the time in

my
profession in meeting rooms far from the labs where the goods are. Some
guys love it, and the brainstorm usually hits the nail pretty quick with

the
right guys in the room. Don't give me that "can't see your furnace from
here" bull****. The Tappet Bros. solve car problems every Sunday on NPR
with a hell of a lot less than what this guy is giving you. They have a

lot
less ego and more personality to boot, clearly.

Humm...I have heard that show before, and I turned it off when I heard it.
Ok...I wont give you the cant see it from here bull****...since its obvious
and since its also obvious that you dont have a clue either. Might I suggest
that the OP, be it you, or whoever, since I dont really care to go reset my
newsreader, post some more information, like...brand of stat and when it was
installed, since if its a Honeywell power stealing stat, he just might need
that resistor ran from C to W and bingo, it might work again...hell...I will
even send him the resistor if he actually needs it..but you know, he didnt
say that and I wasnt about to ask since normally if it WAS a case where he
needed it, he would have also complained that the display on the stat was
out...but he didnt. I also dont know if hes got a ST9120, or a ST9141 fan
timer, and we all know that its FAH so Taco Valves are not an issue, and its
not a Trane air handler..and hes not using R8184 oil primaries, and its not
a cool only application, so ......while I was thinking it, its very well
possible that hes got another issue, possibly something a little more
complicated to troubleshoot via a damned keyboard, and no, I am NOT going to
try to walk him through it for a varity of reasons, none of them have
anything to do with possibly losing a job...sheesh, hes probably hundreds of
miles away, so its not like I am insecure in the fact that if I was there, I
COULD fix it, but since I am not, I wont even try since one wrong move on
his part, or the fact that something might have been changed in the past
that he is unaware of in the unit and I am not aware of either, and
poof....hes got a fried mess on his hands.
No...I will leave that to those that would rather just send out ideas to
those that have no clue what to do with the information.

I think you HVAC guys are just what everyone says - insecure.

Not really...if I was insecure, I sure as hell would have stayed home
today..instead, lifes good...even if is 17F out and sleeting again..
Matter of fact, we were one of the few companies working today...

Now...is there a need to crosspost this still? If you want to argue, argue
with yourself.

- Nate