Posted to alt.home.repair

Default emergency milk

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 13:32:35 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 10/26/18 9:10 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

TetraPack is what I always called all those liquid products that are sold
in what looks like a fancy cardboard box. It hasn't faded away, it's
readily available in the supermarkets here, including milk. It would be
my solution if I wanted milk on the shelf for an emergency, when I run out.
Now that I think about it, wish they made half-n-half in TetraPack, I'd
keep it on hand. If anyone does, I haven't seen it, but then I haven't
really gone looking for it either. I will now.

I see the TetraPacks for milk, juice, soups, tomato juice, etc.

I've seen hash brown potatoes in one of those. From a distance it looks
like a pint of milk. It sort of reminds me of the milk they had in
school (although those were half-pints, shorter cartons).

BTW, those cartons (school milk) were marked "homo milk". I was not
familiar with that, since we had low-fat at home. I didn't know any use
of "homo" then, so thought it was probably an advertisement "milk like
you should be getting at home".

I think the world market is driving up the price of powdered milk
since we are competing against countries like Canada and New Zealand.
They already complain that we are "dumping" even at the current
prices.