modervador

Default Furnace runs but have to manually restart

If you don't "know much" about furnaces, then there's no reason for
you to give the first bit of advice with such an air of authority.
People who know better get most frustrated and respond accordingly
when incorrect info is provided as if it is true in all cases without
proper caveats. Try it like this:

"If your furnace is like those I've seen, there may be a flame sensor
around the top of the burners usually held in by one screw with a wire
hooked up. If there is such a sensor, remove the wire remove the
sensor, clean with steel wool or fine sand paper and replace."

That way, you're covered if the OP furnace is outside your experience.

%mod%

"1991 Z28" wrote in message ...
You should know that I don't "know much" about furnaces but if it did have
the flame sensor the gentleman could have possibly fixed it himself. Its NO
reason to be such an asshole.

"richard p dawson" wrote in message
you are clueless sir, not on an 18 year old lennox.
where did you get this info?
Alt.home.repair ?

1991 Z28 wrote:

There is a sensor around the top of the burners usually held in by one

screw
with a wire hooked up, remove the wire remove the sensor, clean with