Phil Anderson

Default Ceiling Light Problem - No Switch

"I-zheet M'drurz" wrote in message
(sorry about the self reply, but it's an important afterthought)

On 25 Jan 2004, I-zheet M'drurz wrote:
On 25 Jan 2004, Phil Anderson wrote:

One more thing, and I guess it slightly contradicts what I
described before. There is one outlet (#1) in the room that

is
not controlled by the light switch(#2).

Outlet #1 is likely not even on the same breaker. Have you
ever tried that one while you have the breaker off working

on
our mystery circuit?

Or, it is simply wired first in line, before the power gets

the switch location. In any case, it doesn't have anything
to do with the switched power, so it is not a factor.

I have not had the chance to get back to the outlets since last
night, but I can respond to this one. #1 is on the same breaker.
It turns off with everything else if I flip that breaker. I think
you are right about it being first in line. That seems logical,
given its physical location. Then again, logic does not seem to
be a strong suit with this set-up.