Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default nissan leaf again

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody tried charging the nissan leaf from a small generator?...strikes
me it would be a good idea to carry one and be able to charge up if you
run out of juice....like carrying a gallon of petrol in the boot......

Have you done the sums on how long a small generator would take to give
you a meaningful range? How much the weight would effect the range if you
carry it at all times?

no.....

Why not just by a hybrid in the first place?

coz I only want to pay for petrol in an emergency and I don't want to haul
about a petrol engine .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=supALdCIRJI