Edwin Pawlowski

Default 1957 Crane Sink

David McCulloch wrote:

That's true. The damage is under the sink. When the plumber was
removing the old drain and installing a new one (Crane's drain
assemblies are proprietary), he broke the fitting.

I just added a 2nd picture to the web page. It shows the damage.
http://www.execpc.com/~dbm/sink
Dave

Have you thought about a repair? I'm thinking epoxy and fiberglass cloth or
something along those lines. It is not a pressure fitting so there may be a
good way to fix something like that.

Your sink is retro looking and "outdated" by today's standards, but it looks
to be in perfect condition. This style is very fashionalbe in the right
house and should be saved. Doubtful you'll find another used one anywhere
near as nice. There must be an acceptable way of fixing what you have. Talk
to a renovator or restorer if necessary.

--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome